Something to the quality of Land changes when the first shoots of Wild Garlic start sprouting forth. To the novice in the very early stages they can appear indistinguishable from the poisonous Lords and Ladies, also known as Cuckoo-pint….
So gather tenderly, as you would stroke a lover. Stand back, start slowly, do not rush in grabbing as much as you can in your fear of scarcity. Don’t you know Mama Gaia always gives, again and again. Quit the hoarding, start living… This wild garlic pesto recipe will have you humming… literally, so always share some with friends, or friends thou might not have for much longer
- 50g wild garlic leaves (shredded)
- 30g hairy bittercress rosettes
- 20g fresh young nettle tips
- 10g walnuts
- lemon juice (add to taste)
- organic rapeseed oil (add to taste)
- parmesan or a hard goats cheese (add to taste)
- Put the wild garlic, nettles and hairy bittercress into a food processor and ‘blitz’ until roughly chopped.
- Next drizzle in the oil add the grated cheese and lemon juice, Use your senses to find out which amounts suit your palette.
- Serve with oat cakes or crudités, however I just spoon it into my mouth. Something about it is highly addictive!
This Wild Garlic Pesto Recipe Serves: 4