Radical Herbalism is about tackling the root causes of ill health.
It combines environmental and social justice, practical herbal medicine and radical approaches to healthcare.
The Bristol gathering focuses on local issues that affect our health and wellbeing including tackling structural racism, housing rights, fighting ‘austerity’ cuts, defending the NHS, Bristol’s immigration policies and grassroots organising for social justice.
Herbal medicine, connecting us with our local plants and empowering us to look after ourselves, is a key part of this conversation.
Workshops will include:
- Generation Snowstorm – Cultivating Social and Ecological Justice as a mode of Radical Self Care
- Herb growing – tips and insights from experienced herb growers
- Herbalists without Borders Community Medicine Making with an intro about setting up local HWB group
- No Borders – hearing from all the projects that are challenging borders including Social Workers without Borders, Pride without Borders, Project Mama (Bumps & Babes without Borders) and Herbalists without Borders Bristol.
And there will be:
- A kids area with herbal workshops – please tell us via the ticketing system or email email@example.com if you are bringing your child to the kids’ workshops
- Numerous information tables from local groups including Smash the Patriarchy Playgroup and many more
- Great diverse radical bookstall
- Evening entertainment (included in the ticket price)
- Delicious low cost food from Pitchfork cafe and Food Without Borders
- A herbal tour of St Werburgh’s Medicine Garden and a hands-on gardening session on Sunday 11th Nov from 11am-2 pm
When & Where Is The Bristol Radical Herbalism Gathering?
- Saturday, 10th November 2018
- Time: 10 am to 11 pm
- Location: St Werburghs Community Centre, Horley Road, Bristol BS2 9TJ
- Cost: On a sliding scale from £15 – £35, and are £10 if you are unwaged. We ask people to pay according to what they can truly afford, which enables us to give free places to asylum seekers and refugees.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK
We aim to make the gathering as accessible as possible. Please contact us beforehand if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns about accessibility, or speak to us on the day of the gathering – firstname.lastname@example.org