This deeply warming Sweet Chestnut (Castanea sativa) soup recipe will make you feel thoroughly nourished as the dark months creep in, and the cold begins to bite into your bones.
Wild Chestnut Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 500g of sweet chestnuts
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ tsp of vanilla powder
- Double goats cream
Wild Chestnut Soup Recipe Instructions
- Slit the chestnuts and boil for 10 minutes.
- Then roast chestnuts at 200C for 15 minutes.
- Shell the chestnuts and return to pan with stock and 2 bay leaves and simmer for 5 minutes with the lid off.
- Next tear the remaining bay leaf to release the aromatic oils and add to the pan along with the vanilla powder and simmer for a further 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Finally blend and drizzle the double goats cream onto the served soup just before serving.
Serves: 2 to 4 people depending on how hungry you are.