This Hedgerow Jam Recipe is made from seasonal wild fruits foraged from the countryside. A wonderful combination that gives a great boost to your Vitamin C levels.
- 8oz rosehips
- 1lb sloes
- 2lb crab apples
- 10oz blackberries & raspberries
- 10oz sugar
- Wash and clean the fruit.
- Put the rosehips, sloes and chopped crab apples into a preserving pan.
- Add water to cover and cook slowly, until all the fruits are tender.
- Pass the fruit mixture through a jam strainer. Keep the liquid, weigh it and pour into a large sauce pan. Add the same amount of sugar as there is liquid.
- Also add the blackberries, raspberries and 10oz sugar to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the mixture reaches setting point.
- Pour into sterilised jars and put lids on immediately.
Makes about 12 small jars