Alexanders leaf makes a great cooked edible green, and there is a vast abundance of it at the moment.
In this Alexanders recipe, I decided to play around with making curry using a korma paste, although I omitted the yoghurt, cream, or coconut milk.
A simple dish, that’s quick to make and would go perfectly as part of an Indian Thali.
Curried Alexanders Leaf Recipe Ingredients
- 300g raw Alexanders leaf (trimmed of stalks)
- 350g diced potatoes (cooked)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- ½ of a jar of Pataks korma paste
Curried Alexanders Leaf Recipe Instructions
- Boil Alexanders leaf for 5 minutes, then drain and squeeze out any excess water.
- Fry garlic and onion until soft, then add potatoes and Alexanders leaf.
- Add korma paste and stir until thoroughly mixed in, then add tomatoes.
- Cook for 10 minutes then serve.
Serves: 4 people