This makes for a wonderful Wintertime Dandelion dressing recipe. Many assume that the best time to pick dandelion greens is in Spring (actually I find they have more bitterness then).
Dandelion greens harvested in Autumn and Winter often have very low bitterness, even less than the chicory or radicchio that you’ll find in your grocers.
Compared to spinach, dandelion greens have eight times more antioxidants, two times more calcium, three times more vitamin A, and five times more vitamin K and vitamin E making them an easily identifiable wild superfood!
Dandelion Dressing Recipe – Ingredients
- 10 x cherry tomatoes
- 30 x young dandelion leaves (roughly chopped)
- 3tbs Greek yoghurt
- 3tbs lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1tbs date syrup or maple syrup
- salt & black pepper
Dandelion Dressing Recipe – Suggested Instructions
- Rub oil over the tomatoes, place whole on a baking tray and sprinkle with a little salt. Roast the cherry tomatoes at 180 degrees until the skins are just splitting. Allow to cool, then arrange them on a plate.
- Wash and roughly chop the dandelion greens, and put in a bowl, then add the garlic.
- Next add the yoghurt, lemon juice and date syrup, then mix all together with a fork, then spoon over roasted tomatoes.