Today was so sunny, and the Dandelion leaves looked so lush my daughter decided (after being inspired by Master Chef of which she is a total addict) to create a dandelion salad using the remaining ingredients of our fridge. Definitely, a dandelion recipe that I’ll be repeating!
Dandelion Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 4 handfuls of shredded spring cabbage
- 2 handfuls of chopped dandelion leaves
- 1 sweet potato (peeled, diced)
- 4 new potatoes (diced)
- 1 red chilli (sliced)
- ½ small log of goats cheese
- Salt and pepper
Dandelion Salad Recipe Instructions
- Boil the sweet potato and new potatoes. When cooked fork them together with butter and a little salt and pepper, then add to salad bowl.
- Chop the spring cabbage and steam lightly, along with the dandelion leaves.
- Slice the chilli, crumble the goats cheese and toss together with the rest of the ingredients in the salad bowl.
- No dressing is required, as the goats cheese melts slightly and the flavours are truly scrummy. The sweet potato goes extremely well and will mask any dandelion leaves that might be slightly bitter. But bitter is good, as it is aids healthy digestion.