With Autumn definitely on its way, and the sun starts setting early, now is the perfect time to give you body a boost with this delicious, nourishing and health-boosting elixir.
I’ve been making it for quite a few weeks using dried elderberries from last year and dried nettle that I had gathered this Spring. I have to say that I can’t keep my hand out of the fridge with this one. With no sugar and only the scrummy, warming flavour of organic honey to sweeten it, even the most risk-averse inner child (or outer one for that matter) will love it!
- 4tsps of dried stinging nettles
- 2 cups of boiling water
- ½ cup of dried elderberries
- 1 cup of cold water
- 340 grams of organic honey with royal jelly
- The night before put the nettle into a heat resistant jar with a lid and add the boiling water. You can use a saucepan if you like) Leave to infuse overnight. The strain in the morning reserving the liquid.
- Next, put the elderberries into a pan, add the nettle liquid and the cold water, then bring to a simmer, and keep simmering for 30 minutes without a lid.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, then add honey, stir, then pour into sterile bottles and then keep in the refrigerator.
Makes: Approximately 500ml