I try and eat as much of my wild edible plants in their raw state as possible. In this wonderful raw Ground Elder recipe, the vibrant flavour of Ground Elder (Aegopodium podagraria) goes perfectly with the Nettles (Urtica dioica).
Ground Elder Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 1 handful of Ground Elder leaves
- 10 Nettle tops
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 glug of olive oil
- salt and pepper
Ground Elder Soup Recipe Instructions
- Wash the Ground Elder leaves and Stinging Nettles.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Put the Ground Elder leaves, Nettles and chopped tomatoes into a blender.
- Add a glug of olive oil.
- Now blend for about 3 minutes until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a little water until you have desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper if you like. I prefer to not season this soup that much in order for the plant flavours to come out on their own.
Serves: 1 person