This Ground Elder Tempeh Recipe (Aegopodium podagraria) is a current staple wild food for my family at the moment. It’s prolific, and well worth harvesting.
Try my quick vegetarian ground elder recipe, that I rustled up last night.
Ground Elder Tempeh Recipe Ingredients
- 2 good handfuls of ground elder leaves (stalks removed)
- 1 block of thawed tempeh
- 3 good glugs of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of tamari
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- a handful of chopped black olives
Ground Elder Tempeh Recipe Instructions
- Cube the tempeh into small pieces.
- Combine the tempeh with the olive oil, brown rice vinegar, tamari and garlic and let sit for 3-10 hours (preferably stirring every hour). If you work away from home, cover the marinade and let it sit all day in the fridge.
- Turn the oven hob to high, and using a frying pan, quickly fry the tempeh and marinade mix until browned.
- Turn the heat down to mid-low, and add the red pepper and chopped black olives. Fry until the red pepper is cooked.
- About 5 minutes before serving, add the chopped Ground Elder and stir continuously until it looks like wilted spinach.
- Serve with accompanying vegetables of your choice.