Experience the joy of these Himalayan Balsam seed and Wild Fennel seed crackers, gently mellowed with delicious Parmesan cheese.
They go perfectly on their own, with a slice of cheese, or even with marmalade! I know… weird right. Try them for yourself.
Himalayan Balsam Seed Recipe Ingredients
- 220g plain flour
- 80g freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bouillon powder
- 1 tsp cayenne or to taste
- 80g butter
- 90g/ml water
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan balsam seeds
- 1 tablespoon wild fennel seeds
Himalayan Balsam Seed Recipe Instructions
- Place all the ingredients for the crackers, bar the water, in a food processor and blitz until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add water and pulse until the dough starts to come together.
- Shape into a log, 4cm in diameter, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Mix seeds on a plate and roll the log over, pushing the seeds into the dough. Rewrap and chill once more
- Preheat oven to 180ºC gas 4. cut dough into discs 4mm thick.
- Place on greaseproof lined baking trays and cook for 12 minutes or until pale brown.