- 200g tempeh
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 50ml boiling water
- 80g edible magnolia flowers
- Cube the tempeh and put in a food processor. Pulse until it looks minced. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a jar (with a lid) combine the hot water, miso, sesame oil and mirin. Cap and shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed. Then pour over the tempeh and mix in well.
- Put a lid on the tempeh mixture and leave to marinate for at least 60 minutes. I let mine sit for 3 hours.
- Once the tempeh has marinated. Slice the magnolia flowers and buds and gently mix into the tempeh.
- Take a teaspoon of the mixture and put in the middle of your defrosted dumpling pastry sheets. Fold and pinch as you would a Cornish pasty.
- Place in a bamboo steamer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.