Recently I was chatting to one of my newsletter subscribers from across the pond, who pointed me to a video about a Chinese women who was foraging Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris), she mentioned she used it in a mushroom soup recipe, and that was it. So I decided to try and make the soup, and this is the result. I have to say it turned out a treat.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 handful of mugwort tops (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 12oz flat mushrooms (chopped)
- 500ml veg stock
- glug of oil
- Fry onion until soft, then add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms and gently fry until soft.
- Add veg stock and mugwort and simmer for 10 minutes, then blend.
- Twirl in yoghurt and serve.