This Nettle Soup recipe is not set in stone and is a great way of using up leftovers lurking in the fridge.
It offers a really easy lunch and brightens up one of those wild windy autumn or winter days with heat and earthy goodness.
Another plus side, it is ready in 10 minutes and only uses one pan.
Noodle Nettle Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 750 ml/g water
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- Small thumb fresh ginger, coarsely grated
- 1 star anise
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 100g noodles, I like Clearsprings brown rice udon
- 2 handfuls nettles, fresh or dried
- Handful mange tout, halved
- Few shitaki mushrooms, sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Left-over chicken
- Handful bean sprouts, placed in each bowl
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame oil
- Roughly chopped mint and parsley to garnish
Noodle Nettle Soup Recipe Instructions
- Place the water in a saucepan and while it is coming up to the boil add the garlic, ginger, star anise, chilli, soy, and sugar.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes, then add the noodles and cook for the time stated on the packet
- Add the optional ingredients and nettles and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Switch off the heat and add the fish oil and sesame oil
- Pour the contents over the bean sprouts in two bowls and sprinkle with the herbs. Serve immediately.