I always encourage folks to create simple, tapas style dishes when creating wild food recipes. Here’s a Stinging Nettle recipe I came up with the other day that worked a treat.
Nettle Tapas Recipe Ingredients
- 200g blanched nettles
- 50g chorizo (cut into chunks)
- 2tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- Chicken stock
- White wine
- Chilli flakes
- Crushed black pepper
Nettle Tapas Recipe Instructions
- In a separate pan, lightly fry the chorizo until just browning, remove from heat.
- Blanch the Nettle tips for about 45 seconds, thoroughly squeeze out the water, then chop finely.
- Fry onion until translucent, and then add the garlic, cook for about a minute then add the nettles, chilli flakes and black pepper, and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add small amounts of stock, and wait for the nettles to absorb the liquid, then add more. How much is up to you, and don’t forget to add a couple of slugs of white wine.
Serves: 2 people