Most people often think of soup when they talk about Stinging Nettles (Urtica dioica). For those of you that have been going on at me to give you a Nettle soup recipe, here it is.
Nettles have often been seen as the food of peasants. Nothing wrong with that says I. So enjoy this gorgeous, rich green Nettle soup that just bursts with nutrition.
For all Noble Peasants everywhere.
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 40 nettle tops
- 500 ml of vegetable stock
- 8 oz cooked potatoes
- 1 glug of vegetable oil
- Cook the potatoes until soft.
- Wash and roughly chop the Nettles.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add the crushed garlic, and fry for 30 seconds.
- Now add the chopped Nettles, stock and chopped potatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Blend and serve.
Serves: 2 people