You’ll learn the parts used as food and medicine, harvest time, recipes, nutrition and other ways humans use this amazing plant… Click here to find out more.
- 2 cups of rosehips
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 6 juniper berries (whole)
- 6 cloves (whole)
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard seeds (whole)
- 3 bay leaves
- Cut the rosehips in half lengthways. Then de-seed them. Rinse and strain the rosehips.
- Place the sugar into a large bowl. Then add the water, vinegar and juniper berries, cloves, mustard seeds, salt and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Skim off any froth.
- Sterilise your jars and make sure they are not boiling (not very cold) when you fill them up with the rosehip pickle mixture. Cap and make sure you label them.
Source: Homegrown Swedes
. . .