To me Sea Aster is one of the best estuary greens. This Sea Aster recipe looks more like a gazpacho, however the delicate flavours of the Sea Aster are complimented really well by the sweet, sunny taste of the tomatoes. I fed it to a friend who usually turns her nose up at a lot of what I make from the wild, but this time it hit the spot, and she even came back for seconds! A Sea Aster recipe that rocks.
Sea Aster Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 8 Sun ripened English tomatoes
- 4 Large handfuls of Sea Aster
- ¼ to ½ cup of Kefir or natural yoghurt
- Olive oil
Sea Aster Soup Recipe Instructions
- Chop the tomatoes up along with the Sea Aster
- Put in a blender with a good glug of olive oil and blitz until smooth.
- Next add the Kefir/yoghurt and blitz again, then serve.
- Optional: Decorate with mustard flowers.
Makes: 2 persons