I love the flavour of Greater Plantain seeds (Plantago major). They have a mild, nutty taste.
Greater Plantain seed is also pretty high in calcium. This recipe makes a superb snack.
Greater Plantain Recipe Ingredients
- 1 handful of Greater Plantain
- 3 handfuls of Pumpkin seeds
- 3 handfuls of Sesame seeds
- Good splash of Tamari / Soy sauce
Greater Plantain Recipe Instructions
- Put your seed mix into a non-stick frying pan and toast the seeds lightly.
- Add a generous dash of Tamari or Soy sauce and coat the seed mix, allowing any excess Tamari / Soy sauce to evaporate.
- Turn out into bowls.
Serves: Use a snack
My Latest Print Book is Now Available on Amazon
For over fifteen years I have experimented and explored the world of wild plants. Uncovering how our ancestors used plants to nourish and heal themselves.
I’ve spent thousands of hours digging through scientific papers, read hundreds of books. Even gone so far as to be nomadic for over a year. During this time I followed the seasons and plants around the highways and byways of these isles.
I have written this book to help you rediscover our forgotten plant heritage. To learn how to use wild plants as food and medicine. Knowledge that was once common to everyone. Click here to learn more.