I love the flavour of plantain seeds (Plantago spp). They have a mild, nutty taste.
Plantain seed is also pretty high in calcium. This recipe makes a superb snack.
Plantain Recipe Ingredients
- 1 handful of plantain seeds (either greater or ribwort)
- 3 handfuls of pumpkin seeds
- 3 handfuls of sesame seeds
- Good splash of tamari / soy sauce
Plantain Recipe Instructions
- Put your seed mix into a non-stick frying pan and toast the seeds lightly.
- Add a generous dash of tamari or soy sauce and coat the seed mix, allowing any excess tamari / soy sauce to evaporate.
- Turn out into bowls.
Serves: Use a snack