Consider this an invitation to be part of an epic adventure, something unconventional and bold … to become a member of the Eatweeds Supporters Club.
By joining the supporters club (think of yourself as a patron of the arts, so to speak), you’re saying:
‘Robin, I believe that plant knowledge is too important to be locked behind a paywall. It needs to be available to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay.’
And, like any epic tale, this adventure needs its band of heroes. That’s you, by the way.
In 2024, your membership to the Eatweeds Supporters Club won’t just be a fee.
It’s the lifeblood of a growing library of plant knowledge—all free and open access.
Your membership will support the development and production of:
- New Eatweeds plant profiles
- A comprehensive collection of plant identification videos.
- Short form video reels.
- A journey into edible ornamentals called ‘Travels With Plants’.
- Plus much more.
As a supporter you will help make this stuff happen.
Think of it as planting seeds for knowledge that’ll sprout far and wide. The goal is to ripple out into the communities and change lives.
You can be proud when they’re finished and released to the public. You were part of the community that made it happen.
And just to be clear, I won’t be charging for them. Everything listed above is going to be publicly available for free.
Are there perks?
Well, sure, there are goodies (we’re all human after all!). But that’s not the heart of this club.
It’s about being part of a community that values knowledge over algorithms. It values quality over quantity.
As a supporter, you get:
- Monthly Zoom community catch-ups. It’s like our own little virtual campfire, where we chat, ask questions, and share our plant stories. Heck, you might even meet someone in your area you can buddy up with and go out foraging together.
- Seasonal online foraging classes. This is the virtual equivalent of coming out with me on a forage. Usually they sell for £30 per session, but they are all included in your membership.
- Yearly supporters get discounts on my books (past and future, because there’s always a ‘next plant book’ inside me).
Think of the supporters club as having a behind-the-scenes pass to an ever-unfolding nature show.
If my work has made you smile, think or contributed to your life in any way, this is your call to be part of a unique plant community.
Become a supporter today, and let’s make wild plants commonplace again, in every household.
After all it’s our cultural legacy for our children and grandchildren.
Join the Eatweeds Supporters Club today.