Skip to content
I love the chilli like bite that water pepper has. Combined with miso and kelp seaweed it makes the perfect water pepper soup recipe.
Water Pepper Soup Recipe – Ingredients
- 30g kelp seaweed
- 60g mini sardines
- 1” piece of ginger (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 800ml water
- 3 dessert spoons of naturally fermented miso
- 30g water pepper (chopped)
Water Pepper Soup Recipe – Suggested Instructions
- Simmer garlic and ginger in oil for about 30 seconds.
- Add the kelp, miso then water, stir until the miso has dissolved, then and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Now add the mini sardines (available from Asian supermarkets), and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the chopped water pepper.