White Dead Nettle (Lamium album) is at its best at the moment down here in Devon. It has a wonderful scented flavour and is less ‘hairy’ than Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica) when cooked.
I had some left over roast potatoes, so the other day I whipped up this Frittata recipe. I’m not usually a fan of heavy food like this, but for a quick lunch it turned out perfect. The White Dead Nettle adds great texture and colour.
White Dead Nettle Recipe Ingredients
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 large handfuls of White Dead Nettle tops
- 4 left over roast potatoes
- Grated cheese
White Dead Nettle Recipe Instructions
- Chop and fry the White Dead Nettle tops to soften them up.
- Add diced roasted potatoes and heat through.
- Pour beaten eggs into the pan, and add grated cheese.
- Cook until done which depends on whether you like your eggs slightly gooey or rock solid.