I know sounds daft, doesn’t it? Surely everyone knows how to make an omelette? Nope, they don’t and certainly not like this one!
Wild garlic is so versatile, and whipping up this quick wild snack can be a breeze. You just need the right pan!
Wild Garlic Omelette: Ingredients
- 1 handful of wild garlic/ramsons leaves and stems (chopped)
- 2tsp ghee
- 3 eggs
- salt & pepper
Wild Garlic Omelette: Instructions
- Melt the ghee in a small, 6″ inch high sided cast iron frying pan.
- While the ghee melts whisk the eggs together for 30 seconds, add salt and pepper.
- Pour half the egg mixture into the frying pan, allow to cook for 30 seconds.
- Next, sprinkle the wild garlic over the egg and then pour over the remaining egg mix.
- Important: Put a lid on the pan and turn the heat down to low, (this makes the omelette puff up). Keep an eye on it, and when nearly done, flip it over and cook on the other side for a further 30 seconds. Serve.