When Wild Garlic (Ramsons) appears you know that Springtime is on its way. The wonderfully mild garlic taste of cooked Wild Garlic makes this quiche recipe a great way to welcome back the return of the sun after many months of Winter.
Wild Garlic Quiche Recipe Ingredients
- 6oz plain flour
- 2oz fat (Cookeen, Trex etc.)
- 1oz butter
- 2 eggs
- 200 mls cream
- 4 oz soft goats cheese
- 4oz fresh ransom leaf
- pepper and salt to taste
Wild Garlic Quiche Recipe Instructions
- Oven temperature : hot (400 F, mark 6).
- Make pastry. Put in fridge for 30 minutes, then roll out and line a 10-inch flan dish. Bake ‘blind’ near the top of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, stir in the cream and goat’s cheese and season well.
- Chop the ransom leaves and add to a frying pan, with oil, to soften.
- Put into the pastry case and pour in the filling. Bake until golden and firm on top.
- Serve hot or cold.