My heart jumps for joy when I see the first shoots of wild garlic (Ramsons) appearing, it calls in the beginning of Spring and finally the return of the sun. There is so much you can do with wild garlic, but this simple wild garlic recipe will have your taste buds perking up at the strong garlic flavours. A classic pickled wild garlic bulb recipe!
- 150g wild garlic bulbs (trimmed and cleaned)
- 100g white wine vinegar
- 1 mace blade
- 1tsp yellow mustard seed
- ½ tsp celery seeds
- ½ cm fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 2tbsp of granulated sugar
- Top and tail the wild garlic bulbs, and thoroughly clean them.
- Sterilise a jam jar, and make sure the lid has a rubber seal.
- Then boil up the vinegar, mace, mustard and celery seeds, ginger and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Stuff the wild garlic bulbs into the jar, then pour over the spiced pickling vinegar. Leave in a darkened cupboard for a month.
Makes: 1 jar