The bitter-sweet taste of young garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata) blends subtly with the herby tastes & textures of cow parsley, to make a fine substantial sauce suitable for pasta or grains. The kind of food I need to eat when I return home if I’ve been wandering on the road for a week or so.
- 50g garlic mustard tips (shredded & chopped )
- 400g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 red chilli (chopped)
- 50g cow parsley shoots & buds
- 1 banana (chopped)
- 1 tbs honey
- 2tbs tomato purée
- 30g parmesan cheese
- 3tbs oil/butter
- Heat oil and add the chilli and garlic mustard tips, and cook on medium for 3 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, banana, tomato purée & honey. Mix ingredients and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped cow parsley, parmesan cheese, then put a lid on the saucepan, remove it from the heat and leave for 20 minutes.
- Cook some spagetti, and when done serve with the garlic mustard sauce.
This garlic mustard recipe serves: 2