A wonderfully sensual dish combining the exquisite sweetness of Papaya with the pepperiness of Hairy Bittercress and the gentle flavour of mild Dandelion greens.
I picked up some out of date Papayas the other day. Out of date in the sense they were still green and I had to ripen them up to their golden pinky-orange. I scoffed one of them, and as the delicate scent overloaded my olfactory system, I realised that Hairy Bittercress would go perfect with Papaya.
So off I traipsed to the woods, and harvested the Hairy Bittercress, then on my way home nibbled on Dandelions, only harvesting the ones with a mild flavour and that hadn’t yet developed too much bitterness.
All in all, a pretty fine recipe. Quick, simple and just what my body needs this time of the year (Spring).
Hairy Bittercress Recipe Ingredients
- 2 ripe Papayas
- 2 large handfuls of Hairy Bittercress
- 2 large handfuls of Dandelion greens
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
Hairy Bittercress Recipe Instructions
- Spoon out the Papaya into a bowl, making sure to remove the seeds first!
- Chop the Hairy Bittercress and Dandelion greens and add to the bowl.
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and a glug of olive oil.
- Toss and enjoy.